Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Introduction to MelanieMorning



Generally, I enjoy reading others’ blogs, so why shouldn’t I have one of my own? I have so many reasons. One of the biggest is that I don’t think I would find the things I have to say very interesting. I enjoy too many topics and none completely fully. This leads to a hodge-podge of events in my life and an interesting web that creates the person I am. OK, when I say it like that it sounds pretty cool. Another obstacle in my keeping a blog is that I am not very motivated to do repetitive things I don’t see a direct and immediate impact in my day-to-day life.  Finally, I’m hesitant to post freely. Why? There exist people who I’d rather not know me, in person or interweby.  Still. I want to connect with new people. I couldn’t possibly be me without finding new people.  

So why else do I want to keep a blog? My dear friend Eleanor, http://mossery.blogspot.com/, has a marvelous blog that is my #1 inspiration. She always posts interesting things from art, music, history, and amazing reflections on life and people. I don’t write nearly as well, nor very well at all (I’m a much better speaker), but I hope I can be just as interesting as Miss Eleanor.  She has encouraged me in the past and perhaps I’m just finally listening to the advice of a good friend that should have been followed ages ago but I was just too dumb to accept before.

Hopefully I will try to stick to one theme, at least for a while. I’m thinking photos. Photography is one of my favorite hobbies. Maybe someday I’ll be good at it. I’m sure you’ll let me know. Perhaps I'll include other things here and there.

~Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment